SOLD OUT! Tour now full. Check back for next tour.
Guatemalan Fair Trade Weaving Adventures
January 20-30, 2016
Host, guide, and translator Deborah Chandler, author:
Traditional Weavers of Guatemala: Their Stories, Their Lives
Learning to Weave and Guatemalan Woven Wealth
To register: Mayan Hands Tour Registration Form
What You Will Do
– Try your hand at backstrap weaving
– Shop the world-famous Chichicastenango market
– Meet with women at UPAVIM, an inspiration Fair Trade cooperative providing education, health care and employment for marginalized communities in Guatemala City.
– Visit Mayan sites and museums, including Museo Ixchel, named for the goddess of weaving.
– Savor delicious traditional Guatemalan foods
-Explore Guatemalan Highlands, beautiful Lake Atitlan and the colonial city of Antigua.
Experience the natural beauty of Guatemala and immerse yourself in Mayan culture, ancient and contemporary, in the homes of weavers, in extraordinary markets and museums and in your connections with Guatemala’s greatest treasure, her people.
You will return home with your spirit renewed and hope restored. Plus of course, a suitcase of gorgeous handwoven fabrics!
– Discounts available for Mayan Hands supporters. Contact us for details.